For all skaters participating in PeterboroughFSC Skating Schools, both on and off the ice.
The following rules are to be observed and obeyed at all times:
- Kicking of the ice, foul language and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated on the ice or in the dressing rooms. Skaters will be given one warning and then asked to leave the skating session for the remainder of the day.
- Proper skating attire is required (no jeans); hair should be neatly tied up (no hats for StarSkate 1 & 2). Helmets must be worn up to Stage 5.
- No food, drink or gum is to be taken on the ice. Water bottles are permitted on the boards.
- Skaters are required to leave the ice promptly at the end of the session OR when the Zamboni doors open. The Zamboni is not permitted to start resurfacing the ice until all skaters are off the ice.
- Be alert for other skaters at all times.
- If skaters need to speak to their parents or anyone else in the stands, they must get off the ice.
Registrations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. Refunds will only be provided upon presentation of a medical certificate confirming the skater’s inability to participate as a result of a medical condition. A minimum $50 administrative fee will apply.
From time to time, the PSC may take videos or still images for the purposes of promoting the club and post same for public viewing only and will not be for resale under any circumstances. Members may only record videos or still images of their own children.
Guest Skating Privileges
- Please provide a member of the board with 24 hours notice prior to the session. Your Skate Canada number will be required.
- Your request will be processed and you will be notified as quickly as possible.
- It is the skater’s responsibility to pay the session rep prior to stepping on the ice.
- Failure to comply with these rules will result in loss of all guest privileges.
- Dance / Skills (no freeskate music will be played)
- For those who have completed dance and skills you are permitted to work on field movements and footwork.
- For those who do not have a freeskate or interpretive you are able to work on dance and skills without music.
- In the playing of free skate music, priority will be given to lesson requirements
Priority of the right of way will be given as follows:
- Skater in a lesson with music
- Skaters in a lesson
- Skater with music
- Standing is permitted at the boards ONLY when getting a drink of water.
- No socializing in groups of three or more when standing at the boards.
- Coaches and skaters are not permitted to be standing/coaching in middle of the ice or in the middle of the ice flow.
- No sitting on the ice.
- After falling please get up as quickly as possible as not doing so could endanger other skaters as well as yourself.
- Do not leave any valuables in the dressing rooms.
- Please keep the dressing room clean and tidy.